Phase 1 – Chiropractic Assessment
During the first phase, our goal is to learn as much about you and your symptoms as possible. Dr. Zaffarkhan will then conduct a physical examination consisting of Sensory, Orthopedic and Neurological exams. If deemed necessary, we will take X-Rays in our on-site lab to further understand your symptoms.
Phase 2 – Chiropractic Diagnosis
Once we have gathered all of your information we will begin the diagnosis by seeking out the origin of the problem. At Body Works we do not just treat your symptoms, we are focused on eliminating your problem completely. Many of your symptoms can be traced back to a subluxation or misalignment. The severity of the subluxation can vary and can be caused by factors that are physical, emotional, mental or even chemical and can be caused by any number of incidents.
A vertebral subluxation is a misalignment of the bones that protect the spinal cord and may cause:
- Back & Neck Pain
- Joint Stiffness
- Muscle Tingling
- Muscle Tension
- Disc Injuries
- Shoulder Pain
- Knee & Foot Pain
Phase 3 – Chiropractic Treatment
The third phase in our approach is when your treatment begins. When a subluxation has occurred, Dr. Zaffarkhan will correct the misaligned bone and allow it to return to its proper position. In order to prevent the subluxation or misalignment from reoccurring several adjustments over time may be necessary in addition to massage therapy, physiotherapy, stretching exercises or strengthening exercises.
In addition to spinal adjustments, treatments may include:
- Physical Therapy Modalities: Ultrasound, Interferential current, High Volt Combination, Microcurrent
- Active rehabilitation including therapeutic exercise, core strengthening, and stretching
- Myofascial release therapy and soft tissue trigger point therapy
- Ergonomic advice and Postural Awareness
- Self care strategies to change unhealthy behaviors
- Educational advice on lifting techniques
- Relaxation and stress reduction recommendations